You can use a Formatted Email to deliver leads in real time to a specified address. This integration type gives you control over the email's format and this document provides step-by-step instructions for set up.
Before We Begin
There are few items you'll need to roundup prior to setting up the formatted email, listed below:
- Email address(es) that should be included on the distribution list
- Key names (labels used in the email for your data fields)
- Subject line of email
There are a few steps to take in the ion platform before setting up the integration, listed below:
- Create data collection fields
- Create ion form(s)
- Set-up testing creative
Let's get started!
1. Create field mapping
Taking the steps below will map your ion data collection fields to their corresponding external field names. To get started, add your new field mapping:
- Click the Integrations tab in your ion console’s side nav
- Click green “New field mapping” button
- Label the field mapping and optionally add a description
- From the Integration type menu, select “Formatted Email”
2. Add Outbound fields to field mapping
Outbound fields define the data you include in the formatted email.
- Click the green “New outbound field” button to add a field to your field mapping.
- To add a form field, use the Data Collection drop-down menus to select the data field category then data collection field
- OR, to add an ion Core field, select from the Core Field drop-down menu
- OR, to export multiple ion fields to one external field, use the Mashup Field by plugging , etc. into the editor
- Check "Required" if a value must be present for the export to run
- Optionally add a default value
- Enter the key name
- Repeat these steps for each field that should be included in the Field Mapping
3. Create integration
- Navigate back to the Integrations screen
- Click Integrations tab
- Click green “New integration” button
- Enter label
- Optionally add a description
- Select the Field Mapping you’ve just created
- Enter the destination email address in the "Send email to" field
- Enter the email address you want to send the email from (must be a valid email address)
- Add the email subject line
- Select how your keys and values will be encapsulated
- Select the delimiter between your keys and values
- Select where space should be added around the separator
- Select if key/value pairs should be in quotes
4. Add integration to ion pages
The ion platform runs the integration based on rules you create. Rules can be added to any actionable item in your ion creative. Integration rules are typically run at the form-level, upon form submission, or on an assessment step. Follow the steps below to add the integration to your ion pages.
- Navigate into the creative
- Click on the form, button or link you want to make the trigger to run your integration
- In Creative Studio, click on +rules
- Select the condition that needs to be met to run the integration
- “No conditions required” is typically used
- Select “Run integration” as the action
5. Test integration
To test your integration, use the testing creative you set up prior to beginning the integration steps. Please note, integrations do not run in Preview Mode so you'll want to open a URL for testing. The integration will run once you submit the ion form, or complete the action that runs the integration rule.
Once you’ve completed these steps, your integration is ready for use. You can add the rule to run the integration on all applicable creatives.