Pointing the domain
Let's learn how to point your KingHost domain or subdomain to your blog/website hosted on Rock Stage:
1. Log in to your KingHost account and click on your main domain.
2. On the next page, scroll down and click on "Manage DNS".
3. Now, go to the Rock Stage dashboard to get all the information required to point the domain. Open Rock Stage in a new tab and click on Dashboard:
4. Head over to the sidebar menu of your dashboard and select Domain :
5. Your Domain's pointing settings will look like this:
Name: Displays the name of the domain or subdomain you want to point to.
If you are pointing your domain, it will probably say mydomain.com.
If you are pointing a subdomain, it should probably say blog.mydomain.com or www.mydomain.com, etc…
Target: URL generated by our service that you will point your domain or subdomain to.
Important note: Pointing a Domain and pointing a Subdomain are not the same. The subdomain is attached to the main domain, and it is created by adding another part to the main domain’s name.
For instance, blog.mydomain.com is a subdomain, while mydomain.com is the primary domain you purchased.
Pointing a Domain
CNAME pointing your primary domain is not allowed on KingHost. If you want to point your Domain, you must follow these steps:
6. Select "Manage DNS" to see all the records linked to your KingHost domain. To point your domain, go to “Insert DNS” and create or edit the Type A domain record. Point it to the IP address 184.108.40.206
Click on "Insert DNS" or "Change".
Done 😉 Your domain is now pointed, and it should be working correctly within 48 hours.
Pointing a Subdomain
7. Select "Manage DNS" to see all the records linked to your KingHost domain. To point your domain, go to “Insert DNS” and create a new CNAME record. Now point it to the Target URL generated by Rock Stage:
Note: You must fill in the first field with the additional part you want to add to your primary domain. In the example above we used blog, so we could get the subdomain blog.mydomain.com.
This field must be filled in according to the subdomain you want to point.
Done 😉 Your subdomain is now pointed, and it should be working correctly within 48 hours.
Security Certificate Validation (Secure Website or Blog)
We have a feature for our paid customers that makes Websites or Blogs load in safe mode, like in the image below:
Here’s how to enable it:
1. Select SSL on the Rock Stage dashboard:
Important note: The SSL option is displayed to our paid customers only.
2. After the domain registration record is recognized by our service, the SSL screen should look like this:
Select "Force HTTPS (High Security)" and then click on Save settings for your website to load in safe mode.
If you are our client and your projects have been migrated by the Rock Stage Team, the Name and Target information was included in the email we sent you when the migration process was over. The information is also available on your Rock Stage dashboard.