How often should I update my WA profile?
Can talent communicate with clients outside of the platform?
How do I communicate with a customer?
• Keep all language professional and business-like
• Avoid being overly defensive or combative even if you feel it is warranted
• Ask questions that are clear and to the point
Customers and freelancers may communicate using:
• The Message feature directly in an order form.
• WAMail in the communication area, which works like an email/message.
• Conference Calls, which are phone conversations through the WA system.
Conference Calls require a phone number and PIN to use which is provided to the customer and shared with the freelancer through a WriterAccess Mail message. Once a Conference Call line is activated, it's up to the freelancer and client to correspond via message to determine a date/time to call. Freelancers are paid $0.35 per minute for their time on the conference call.
If a client reaches out to you from any other avenue or provides you with contact information to talk off of the platform, please open a help desk ticket. There is no reason to give a customer your phone number, email address, blog address, or personal information. This is for your safety, as well as ours. Customers have all the tools they need to communicate with freelancers within the WriterAccess platform.
Also open a help desk ticket if you have a problem that might cause conflict, rather than communicating directly with the client.