The language filter allows you to filter inappropriate language out of your stream. There are four levels of filters, and two types of filters that can be applied to your streams.
You can also create a custom language filter for your stream by modifying your Custom Language Filter settings. For more information, have a look below:
- Moderation Filters
- Filter Levels
- Displaying Inappropriate Words
- Filtering Specific Words from your Stream
- Global Level
- Stream Setting Level
Dashboard > Any Live Stream > Setup > Stream
Dashboard > Admin > Global Settings
Administrator | Developer | Editor
To adjust the filter level of your stream, follow these steps:
Go to your stream, and click on Setup > Stream at the top of the page to go to your stream’s Basic Setup page.
- Click into the Advanced Features area and then into the Moderation Filters tab.
- Select a filter level by clicking on the Language Filter slider in the Moderation Filter module at the bottom of your page.
- Select how inappropriate words should appear in your stream from the options in the drop-down menu under Inappropriate Words.
Note: by default, inappropriate words will be replaced with asterisks.
- Use the Spam Filter slider to enable/disable spam detection in your stream.
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
Level 0: No filter at all.
Level 1: Filters out racism and the worst of the worst. Basically, the few words you can't say on television.
Level 2: Filters out everything except swear words that are so common they are almost part of our regular vocabulary.
Level 3: Filters out everything, including words like damn, and butt.
Displaying Inappropriate Words
- Replace filtered words with asterisks: The rest of the post shows up, but filtered words appear as ****.
- Block posts that contain filtered words: Posts containing filtered words won't appear in your moderation queue; they simply won't exist.
Filtering Specific Words from your Stream
The Custom Language Filter allows you to filter inappropriate language from your stream. There are two custom language filter levels:
- The Global Level allows you to flag inappropriate terms for all streams.
- The Stream Setting level allows you to flag inappropriate terms for a specific stream.
1. From your Dashboard, go to the bottom of the left margin and navigate to Settings > Global Settings
2. Navigate into the Custom Language Filter Settings section.
All inappropriate terms added to your Custom Language Filter Settings, will allow all existing streams in your account to automatically flag these words as inappropriate.
The filter level placed on custom words in your Global settings can be set in the individual stream’s settings.
Stream Setting Level
- Go to your stream, and click on Setup > Stream in the left sidebar, to go to your stream’s Basic Setup page.
- Scroll down and click into the Advanced Features area and then navigate into the Moderation Filters module, and locate the Add a Custom Word To The Language Filter field.
- Enter the words you want to flag as inappropriate and click the Add button. The filter level placed on custom words can also be set here.
- Click the Save Changes button.