Learn about some keyboard shortcuts below!
The Ion platform has a few shortcuts that can help you publish your creatives even faster! Below, please find a list of these shortcuts formatted for both Windows and Mac users:
- ? - By hitting the question mark on your keyboard, you will be able to pull up a full list of keyboard shortcuts available while editing.
- Ctrl+Space - Quick preview. This shortcut hides everything except what is published on your page so you can quickly view what it would look like similar to if it were taken live.
*NOTE: This is not a true preview and content can still be edited in this view
- Ctrl+S (Windows) / Cmd+S (Mac) - When an editor is open, this will save any changes made and closes the open editor. (Same as clicking ok)
- Ctrl+S (Windows) / Cmd+S (Mac) - When an element is selected but an editor is not open, this will save the content published into that element creative-wide.
- Ctrl+C (Windows) / Cmd+C (Mac) - With an element selected: copies an element to the clipboard.
- Ctrl+V (Windows) / Cmd+V (Mac) - With an element or target selected: pastes the previously copied element.
- Ctrl+E (Windows) / Cmd+E (Mac) - Switches to the EDIT tab.
- Ctrl+Shift+E (Windows) / Cmd+Shift+E (Mac) - Switches to the LIST tab.
- Esc - Closes any open editors without saving (i.e. cancels any changes made within editor). If there are no editors open, it will deselect any element that had been previously selected. If there is no selected element, it will switch to the Page tab.
- Alt - Hold down the alt key while dragging an element to copy onto another target.
- Delete - With element selected: prompt for element removal. With an element removal prompt: removes element.
- 1 - Hide all unpublished page targets
- 2 - Show standard page targets
- 4 - Show desktop/large view
- 5 - Show medium view
- 6 - Show small view
- 7 - Show extra small view
- / - Opens search menu.
- [ - Press the left bracket to send the element backward.
- ] - Press the right bracket to bring the element forward.
- Shift+[ - Hold down the shift key while pressing the left bracket
to send the element to back.
- Shift+] - Hold down the shift key while pressing the right bracket
to send the element to front.
- Press the left or right directional arrow keys while an element is selected
to select adjacent elements.
- Press the up or down directional arrow keys while an element is selected to move through a hierarchy of related elements.
- Shift+arrows - Hold down the shift key while pressing the directional arrow keys
to move an element in 1px increments.
- Shift+Alt+arrows - Hold down the shift and alt keys while pressing
the directional arrow keys to move an element
in 10px increments.
If you have any questions, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. 😀