A Promotional URL is an important consideration when sharing your stream on social networks, including the Live Market.
- Sharing a Stream to Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn - When a viewer shares your stream using the Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn share feature, they will be linked to the Promotional URL first and then the whitelabel site. If you do not have a whitelabel site, or your stream is not attached to a whitelabel site, the share feature will direct to the page of the embedded stream.
- Sharing a Stream via the Live Market - In the Live Market, a stream with a Promotional URL places a Take Me to Stream button that allow users to go directly to the location of the stream.
Dashboard > Any Live Stream> Menu > Setup > Templates
Administrator | Developer | Editor
To enter a Promotional URL:
- Go to your stream. Click on Menu > Setup > Templates located at the top of the page, to go to your stream’s Choose a Template page.
- Click on the Embed tab at the top of your page and scroll down to the Promotional URL field.
- Add the stream URL to this field. This URL could be your whitelabel site or a webpage where your stream will be embedded.
- Click the Save button to save your changes.