How to find Contests
- Found on left navigation
- Contest Dashboard - shows current, drafts, and archived contests.
- Filter by contest type (archived, draft, current)
- Status appears on the contest card (along with dates.)
- For each contest you can Edit, Delete, Contest Submissions (Moderation), Export
Creating a New Contest
- Click Create Contest
- Edit Status: Change from Published, Archived...put contest is Draft if you don't want it to be visible.
- Title: Mandatory (red star)
- Banner Image: Upload image file.
- Description: All intructions for submissions and voting (e.g. You can only vote once!)
- Number of Winners
- Winners Type : How will winner be selected
- Dates: Submissions Dates, Voting dates
- Display votes on front-end
- Anonymous voting: ????
- Uploads - how many?
- Media type, - image, video, both?
- Add a custom field - select type....This is for the submission application.
- Save Changes - Draft
- Publish - Live on site
- Return to this page by clicking the edit button.
- 3 sections:
- (1) New Submissions - need you attention - do you want to publish them, delete them, etc?
- (2) Approved - all approved images live here.
- (3) Rejected - Can't delete - stays in rejected section.
- Number of votes appears under each image (for Highest Votes option)
Note - For submission time - you can select from the list or override time by typing into the box.
What will Admin Selection look like in the Approved section?
Publishing the Contest:
- By default - all published contests appear on the whitelabel in the new/improved formatted style
- Contests also generate an embed code - embedded anywhere on your site - responsive.
- Front-end user navigate to your page - they'll see banner image and submission/voting dates
- During voting period, a pinboard appears at the bottom of the page, one hover, voting options appear.
- Click Vote icon. Front-end users can only vote once.
- Submit via site upload
- ONLY Submission type - site upload
Winner Selection & Communication:
- Highest Voted: The winner(s) appears on the contest page automatically. Email address of person submitting appears on the photo page. You can reach out.
- Admin selection: Admin decides when to select. The ones selected will appear on the contest page. BY default - all approved submissions are displayed.