Now, you will learn how to configure the DNS of your subdomain by using GoDaddy with your Stage blog.
1. Access your GoDaddy account, go to "Domains" and select "DNS".
2. Click "Add".
3. Now, you must access your Stage panel to obtain the necessary information for your DNS configuration. Access Stage on a separate tab and click “Dashboard”:
4. With your Dashboard open, choose the “Domain” submenu:
5. The DNS configuration will be presented as such:
Name field: shows the domain or subdomain you wish to configure.
If you are configuring the DNS of your domain, it will look like yoursitedomain.com.
If you are configuring the DNS of a subdomain, it will look like blog.yoursitedomain.com, www.yoursitedomain.com, among others.
Target field: shows a value generated by our service that you will use while configuring the DNS for your domain or subdomain.
Please note: there is a difference between configuring the DNS of a domain and a subdomain. The subdomain uses the main domain and sets itself apart by having an extra name in its address beside the domain name.
For example, blog.yoursitedomain.com.br is a subdomain, and yoursitedomain.com.br is the main domain you registered.
Domain DNS configuration
GoDaddy does not allow DNS configuration through CNAME at your main domain. If that is your case, you must do it like the following:
6. After clicking "Add", all the records linked to your domain at GoDaddy will appear. To configure the DNS of your domain, scroll down until the end and create a type A record, then point it to IP 188.8.131.52
Select the Type: A. Under "Host", type only @, under "Points to", type 184.108.40.206, and under "TTL", select “1 hour”.
All done! 😉 Your domain's DNS is now configured. It might take up to 48 hours for the URL to start working correctly.
Subdomain DNS configuration
7. After clicking "Add", all the records linked to your domain at GoDaddy will appear. To configure the DNS of your domain, scroll down until the end and, then, create a new CNAME record.
Select Type: CNAME. Under "Host", type the additional address of the subdomain, under "Points to", enter the Target you can find at Rock Stage, and under "TTL", select "1 hour".
Note: enter the additional value of your domain in the first field. For instance, in the above example, "blog" was added so we would get the subdomain blog.yoursitedomain.com.
This field must be filled according to the subdomain you wish to use.
All done! 😉 Your subdomain's DNS is now configured. It might take up to 48 hours for the URL to start working correctly.
Security certificate validation, or SSL (secure site or blog)
For our paid clients, we offer a feature that allows your website or blog to load in secure mode in browsers like in the image below:
Follow the next steps to enable this feature:
1. Access the SSL section in the Rock Stage panel:
Please note: The SLL section is only shown to our paid clients.
2. Only after the DNS configuration is recognized by our service, your SSL panel should look like this:
You must choose the "Force HTTPS (High security)" option and click "Save configuration" so your website loads in secure mode.
If you are a client and had your project migrated by Rock Stage staff, the Name and Target data are already available at your Rock Stage panel and were also sent by e-mail at the end of the migration process.