Rock Convert is a plugin that will improve your website's performance and now it has a feature that enables adding reCAPTCHA to your forms.
This is a solution provided by Google that increases the security of your forms and prevents bot activity from being able to submit. That way, you'll get better contacts when exporting them. Let's see how you can implement CAPTCHA!
1. The first step is to update the plugin, in case you have an old version. To check if you have the updated version you should:
- Access your Wordpress admin dashboard
- Access “Plug-ins area” -> “Installed Plugins”
- Click on “Update now” in case you see the alert on Rock Convert’s
4. After updating Rock Convert, you should create the site key and the secret key at Google’s reCaptcha dashboard, in case you don’t have them.
- Label: You can use pretty much anything you want (it’s not exposed to the public) but consider something intuitive such as the website name that the key belongs to
- Under reCAPTCHA type, select reCAPTCHA v2 and then select the “I’m not a robot” Checkbox option that appears below it
- Add only the domain or sub-domain itself (i.e. no protocols, slashes, ports, etc…) so as an example, this would be rockcontent.com and www.rockcontent.com to cover both variants of the rockcontent.com website.
- These variations won’t work as they contain protocols and ports: https://www.rockcontent.com/ or rockcontent.com:443
- Optionally add additional owners (these must be email addresses associated with Google accounts)
- Accept the reCAPTCHA Terms of Service
- Click the submit button
After that, your forms will be safer and you won't have to worry about bots!
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any help with it, ok?