Don't know how to start putting together a project? Then, read this article!
People often say that "projects are the heart of iClips". Everything within iClips needs to be linked to a project, which is why this is so important.
Through a project, you can integrate all your company's departments, register new demands and monitor all pieces/tasks that are requested.
The first thing to know is that each project is represented by a number, which is its unique identifier. When publishing your first project on iClips, it will receive the number 1, the second will receive the number 2, following a sequence.
To create a project, go to Projects > Projects. Click the "+" button.
A new screen will open with the fields to be filled in. The ones in red are mandatory. Check it out!
- The project priority will organize the task list of the responsible employees and the dashboard for each department.
- Only projects with "Authorized" or "At Risk" status are sent to traffic control. For iClips, signaling these 2 statuses is the command to start the project.
- The Monthly Fee and Budget fields will be filled in if the Project is related to a fee contract or if it has a fixed amount to be spent.
- The same project can be related to several project templates. (Read here about Project Templates).
After filling in all the necessary information on the home screen, you can:
- Save and Continue: save this information and continue filling in other details, such as the creative briefing and definition of pieces.
- Save and Close: close this information and continue registering the rest at another time.
- Cancel: delete the project you filled out
You must answer the questions that are registered with iClips when creating the project model.
On this screen, you can enter the information and use the text editing features. It is also possible to print the briefing by clicking on the printer icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
When creating the project template, you can also define what tasks it will have. If you do, just access the "Tasks" menu on the top bar to view them.
By clicking on them, iClips opens an area on the right of the screen for you to add the deadline, the one responsible, and other task specifications.
If it is necessary to create tasks for a project on the fly, just type the name of the task in the field "Type to add a new task" and press Enter.
It is also possible to create a relation, which serves as a shortcut for the one that will complete the task.
When a person enters the task through their dashboard, they can click and go directly to the task to be completed, such as a media map or a budget, for example. See the creation of relations in tasks in the video below and learn how it arrives on the schedule.
This makes things much easier for the person in charge!
The pieces already linked to the project template that was chosen at the project creation will appear automatically. If you want to add new pieces, just type their name in the "Type to add a new piece" field. If the piece is already registered, just click on its name. If it is not, you can add it at that moment by clicking "Add".
A pop-up window will open for you to add the piece's information, such as service agent, the amount charged by the agency, and the creative briefing.
After clicking "Save and Continue" you can choose one of the workflow patterns or create a workflow from scratch.
By clicking the piece, a menu is opened on the right to add the data related to that project.
In Data, you should add important information as: is it a piece for social media? Which ones? Will this piece require a quote from a supplier? Will there be a need for an insertion order (IO) with any media outlet?
If the part's creative briefing has not been completed from the registration process, the service agent can include this information now. It is also there that you can fill in the piece format, the service to be performed, the schedule and publication date, and also the status in which it currently is.
In the Workflow tab, you should set or change the piece's flow by selecting the dates and the one responsible for each step of the work to organize the flow order.
Important tip: If there is a specific professional in your agency that handles the pieces' traffic among creatives, limit yourself to just add the piece requested by the customer. This command already signals the agency's traffic about the arrival of new jobs.
The other pieces tabs are:
- Text: if the piece is for a social network, fields for each one appear. It is usually the creative staff that will fill this information in the dashboard, but if the client wants to leave a specific comment, it is possible to do that here.
- Layout: after the creative adds the piece's layout, the service agent can see it there as well.
- Comments: Both those made by agency employees and clients via iJob can be viewed in this tab.
At the end of the process, you will have a complete list of the pieces that are part of the project. The colored signs on the left bar will indicate their situation in relation to the project progress.
Here is the place for uploading and viewing the graphics created for each piece. If the service agent wishes to add a layout, just click on "New Layout". A pop-up window will open for you to add the image and inform which piece it belongs to.
IMPORTANT: This same layout inclusion feature is available for the creative sector. In this case, the layout added by the creation staff will automatically appear on the project screen.
Here you can insert various attachments related to the job that have to be shared among the creative team. Just click on the "New Attachment" button. A pop-up window will open for you to import the file.
After that, just save the project and the demands will be directed to traffic or directly to the responsible parties.
If you prefer, you can also see the process of creating projects in this video.
Do you still need help? Please reach out to us at email@example.com or the platform chat!