You can schedule a delimited file of respondent data to be delivered via email or FTP from the ion platform. The file can be delivered at the top of the hour with a frequency of your choosing. This document provides step-by-step instructions for setting up and scheduling a delimited file delivery.
Before we begin
There are few items you'll need to roundup prior to setting up the integration, listed below
- Destination for delimited file
- Email address(es)
- AND/OR FTP details
- FTP host
- FTP username
- FTP password
- FTP path
There are a few steps to take in the ion platform before setting up the integration, listed below:
- Create data collection fields
- Create ion form(s)
- Set-up testing creative
Let's get started!
1. Create field mapping
Taking the steps below will map your ion data collection fields to their corresponding external field names. To get started, add your new field mapping:
- Click the Integrations tab in your ion console’s side nav
- Click green “New field mapping” button
- Label the field mapping and optionally add a description
- From the Integration type menu, select “Delimited file”
2. Add Outbound fields to field mapping
Outbound fields define the data you extend from ion to your external web form.
- Click the green “New outbound field” button to add a field to your field mapping.
- To add a form field, use the Data Collection drop-down menus to select the data field category then data collection field
- OR, to add an ion Core field, select from the Core Field drop-down menu
- OR, to export multiple ion fields to one external field, use the Mashup Field by plugging , etc. into the editor
- Check "Required" if a value must be present for the export to run
- Optionally add a default value
- Enter the key name
- Repeat these steps for each field that should be included in the Field Mapping
3. Create integration
- Navigate back to the Integrations screen
- Click Integrations tab
- Click green “New integration” button
- Enter label
- Optionally add a description
- Select from Schedule scope if you seek to include All, Converted, or Internally converted respondents in your file
- If you allocate external conversion to ion, you can choose if the file should include respondents that were marked as external conversions or not
- Select the Field Mapping you’ve just created
- Select your preferences from the formatting dropdown items
- If the file is being delivered via FTP, input the delivery details in the FTP fields
- Click on the calendar icon beside the integration label to schedule delivery times
- Click on the envelope icon beside the integration label to add the email distribution list
- If the file is being delivered via FTP, you can also receive the file via email
4. Add integration to ion campaigns
The ion platform runs scheduled integrations at their scheduled time once they’ve been allocated to a campaign.
- Navigate to the Campaign Management screen
- Click the Actions dropdown menu and select Scheduled Integrations
- Check off the delimited file and save
- Repeat for each applicable campaign
5. Test integration
To test your integration, use the testing creative you set up prior to beginning the integration steps. Please note, integrations do not run in Preview Mode so you'll want to open a traffic source URL for testing. The integration will run at its scheduled time. You’ll want to check that the data you submitted was received by the email distribution list and/or FTP site.
Once you’ve completed these steps, your integration is ready for use. You can now schedule delivery for all applicable campaigns.